Agreement to This Policy
Information Collection and Use
The information we collect about you we get directly from you through applications, contracts, documents and forms that you completed or signed. Information from our telephone conversations with you is also compiled.
With your authorization, we may obtain additional information about you or others who may have an interest in your insurance policy, annuity contract or primary residence, from additional sources, including your insurance company, insurance producer, health care providers, creditors, credit reporting agencies and your representatives or advisors. With your authorization, we may also obtain information about you from public records and other persons.
We may also obtain the following types of non-public, personal information about you:
- Personal information, such as your name, address, social security number, driver’s license number, occupation and employer
- Financial information, such as assets, income, credit history, banking information and account numbers
- Legal information, such as judgments, liens, bankruptcies, divorces, probate, and other civil and criminal court proceedings
- Other identifying information, such as birth date, telephone and fax numbers, and email, street, and mailing addresses
- Insurance or annuity policy information, including the policy terms, conditions and limits, the named beneficiaries, and your premiums and payment history
- Medical information, such as your current health status and prior health care treatments
Disclosure About Sharing Your Information
Only with your consent will Annuity.org rent or sell your non-public personal information to anyone. If required by law, we will disclose your information. Only with your permission will we disclose your non-public personal health information to our affiliates and non-affiliated companies that provide services for us related to a transaction you request.
Also with your authorization, we will disclose your nonpublic personal health information to entities that provide us with financing or financial support for a transaction that you request. As permitted by law and with your authorization, we may disclose your health information to allow our authorized representative to contact you for purposes of determining your current health status.
Some of our posts may contain affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link, we may receive compensation as a result. The product or service doesn’t cost you more — it’s priced the same as if you went directly to the site.
Affiliate links do not influence our coverage of products and services. Our editorial integrity is the most valuable asset we possess.
Sharing Regarding Products and Services
As permitted by law or with your authorization, we will share your non-public personal financial information (1) with our affiliates and non-affiliated companies that provide services for us related to a transaction you request and (2) under the following additional circumstances:
- To establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims: We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information, as required, to comply with the law, applicable regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, judicial proceedings, court orders or subpoenas, to enforce our Legal Notices or other agreements, or to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, or to protect the property or safety of our users or others (e.g., to a consumer reporting agency for fraud protection etc.), and to ensure the security of our network and services.
- In connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, exchange or consolidation of any portion of our business: In the event Annuity.org goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred to the extent that you voluntarily provided it. You will be notified via e-mail and/or a prominent notice on our website for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
- To secure services and advice from our attorneys, accountants and auditors.
As required or permitted by law, we may also disclose your nonpublic personal financial information for other purposes or to other persons with your authorization.
Your Computer Cookies
For better and faster service when you return to our website, cookies may be placed on your browser. A cookie is coded data that is stored on your hard drive, which enables us to understand your use of our website. With these tools, we can determine the number of unique users accessing the various pages on the site and improve flow and content for your future visits. A cookie cannot obtain information from your hard drive, destroy files, or transmit viruses. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser, if your browser’s preferences allow it. To protect your privacy, your browser normally only permits a website to access cookies that it has previously sent to you, but not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Choices about Cookies
You can normally configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the Help menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) If you reject all cookies, you will still be able to use Annuity.org services. Cookies are used only as an option selected by you that allows us to recall your email address from the cookie that we sent to your computer.
Our Former Customers
Information about our former customers is used in the same manner as we use information about our current customers.
Transfer of Ownership and Sales of Assets
In the event that Annuity.org goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred to the extent that you voluntarily provided it. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We do not tolerate spam or spyware coming to our website or going to our users through our website. If you suspect you received spam or spyware because you used Annuity.org, please make us aware of the issue by alerting us with an email to [email protected] You are not permitted to use our website to spam or send spyware to a third party.
Confidentiality and Security
Non-public personal information we receive about you has restricted access. Only the employees of Annuity.org who need to know your information to provide products or services have access to your information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, in accordance with applicable state and federal standards, to protect your personal financial information against risks such as loss, destruction or misuse. These measures include computer safeguards, secured files and buildings, and restrictions on who may access your personal information. In the event of a system compromise, Annuity.org will implement all reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of the website’s database is protected and ensure proper notice is provided under the law.
Your privacy and confidentiality is protected by non-affiliated companies to whom we disclose your nonpublic personal information do not have any independent right to use your information under privacy and confidentiality agreements.
The accuracy of your information is a responsibility of you and Annuity.org. We maintain the accuracy of the information you provide us and when you notify us of a change we will update your information. Please contact us at the address below or, for faster service, email us at [email protected] when information concerning you changes.
If you submit a testimonial to us, we will ask for your permission to post your testimonial prior to any public use. We will post your name as given to us in your testimonial. If we use a photograph of you, we will only use one that you provide to us. We do not use stock photos with testimonials. Please be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit as a testimonial to be posted can be read, collected, or used by the general public and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to include in any testimonial you choose to submit. If at any time you decide to remove your testimonial, please contact us via email or postal mail.
Send us a letter at:
1 S. Orange Ave, Suite 200
Orlando, FL 32801
Send an email to:
Any information sent to us through email is not encrypted by us.
Data Storage/User Information
All Annuity.org account information (including names, phone numbers, and mailing addresses) and content of email messages are stored on multiple redundant disk storage systems. No removable offline copies or backups are made. If you request deletion of your email address or any other identifiable information, your information will be deactivated and removed from our user registration database within 30 days.
In reviewing the information above, please keep in mind Annuity.org cannot and does not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions of third parties, including other website users, including the manner in which they might use information received either from Annuity.org or independently.
Content on Annuity.org
We work hard to ensure the articles on Annuity.org are quality ones. We research all of our articles and quality-control them to make sure we have accurate facts. If you find errors on the site, feel free to contact us and let us know what you found.
We cannot control the content of sites linking to or from Annuity.org. As a result, we are not responsible for that content, nor can we make representations to the content of those websites or their individual privacy policies.
Notice to California Residents
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which this website has disclosed certain information during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at [email protected]
For all requests, you must put the statement “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Notice to Users Outside of the United States
This PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS supplements the information contained in our current Privacy Statement and applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Calling us at: 877-781-6019
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.