- Vanguard was founded in 1975 and is currently headquartered in Pennsylvania. It has a global presence with operations in Canada, Australia, Europe and Asia. Vanguard offers a range of investment products including mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), certificates of deposit (CDs) and more.
- On June 19, 2019, Vanguard exited the annuity market by transferring the administration of its Variable Annuity to Transamerica. The renamed Transamerica Value Variable Annuity is now accessible for purchase at all locations where Transamerica investment products are available.
- Vanguard also discontinued its online platform, Vanguard Annuity Access. The company maintains a relationship with Hueler Investment Services, Inc., which runs the renamed Income Solutions platform. Income Solutions is available to anyone seeking an income annuity for a defined contribution plan.
- Although Vanguard no longer sells annuities, there are other options if you are looking for an annuity provider. Annuity.org has many tools to help you assess a potential provider’s financial stability.
Founded in 1975 by John C. Bogle, Vanguard is an investment management company owned by the people who invest in its funds. Under the direction of the headquarters in Malvern, Pennsylvania, Vanguard’s 20,000 employees provide investment products, financial advice, insight and tools. Their 30 million+ customers or investor-owners have access to 430 funds worldwide. [MS4]
As of June 19, 2019, Vanguard stopped offering annuities and began the 18-month process of transferring customer account administration and service entirely to Transamerica. The Vanguard Variable Annuity was renamed the Transamerica Value Variable Annuity. Vanguard continues to manage the underlying investments in the renamed annuity. This annuity is available wherever Transamerica investment products are sold.
Vanguard made the decision to withdraw from the annuity market to focus more extensively on their core priorities. This includes the sale of investment products such as mutual funds and ETFs, as well as delivering personalized customer service and comprehensive financial advice to their owner-shareholders.
Call 1-877-662-7447 for more information.
The financial strength of insurance companies is rated by companies like A.M. Best Co., Fitch Ratings, Moody’s Investor Service, Inc. and Standard & Poor. Investment management companies like Vanguard are better judged by their ranking on the J.D. Power Investor Satisfaction Survey. In the 2023 Full-Service Investor survey, J.D. Power ranked Vanguard in eighth place overall, with a score of 725 out of a possible 1,000. In last year’s survey, Vanguard was in second place, scoring 759.
When it comes to self-directed investors, J.D. Power put Vanguard in fourth place for overall customer satisfaction in 2023, with a score of 690 out of 1,000. Moreover, Vanguard ranked first in the do-it-yourself (DIY) investors category with a score of 734. In the 2022 survey, Vanguard was first among DIY Investors with 736 and in second place in overall customer satisfaction with 721. Whether you are a full-service or DIY investor, Vanguard is a highly-ranked company.
Founded by John Bogle, a renowned proponent of passive investing, Vanguard is one of the world’s most respected investment management companies and largest providers of index mutual funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
Annuity Products Offered by Vanguard
Vanguard Annuity Access was an online platform allowing investors to compare the income annuities offered by different insurance companies. The platform was discontinued in June 2019. Although Vanguard no longer offers annuities as an investment option, it maintains a relationship with Hueler Investment Services for customers interested in annuities. Hueler operates Income Solutions, the new name of the income annuity distribution platform, which is available to any retail client. Income Solutions offers a selection of products tailored to meet different goals, one of which is a fixed index annuity. This annuity provides the benefit of tax deferral and serves as a long-term savings solution. It guarantees the preservation of your principal while also offering potential growth opportunities.
If you are interested in purchasing an annuity, Vanguard is no longer an option. We have tools to help you find another annuity provider who will suit you, including:
- An annuity calculator to estimate potential monthly income.
- Where to find financial strength ratings and what they mean.
- Which annuity providers are best in 2023.
- A chance to be matched with a personal financial advisor to help you reach your goals.
- A handy guide to our tools and resources, all in one place.
Vanguard offers a suite of retirement income solutions, both self-directed and advised. Customers can choose from a range of products and services according to their needs and risk tolerance levels. The company also offers other investment products like CDs, mutual funds and ETFs. In managing your finances, you have the option to adopt a do-it-yourself (DIY) approach or seek guidance from either a robo-advisor or a personal financial advisor. The level of advisor involvement can be tailored according to your needs or the size of your portfolio.
Login or create an account today.
Since 2013, Annuity.org has been a free and comprehensive online resource for trustworthy financial information. We are dedicated to educating people about their financial options and helping them navigate complex decisions. Annuity.org and our partners in the annuity, insurance and financial products industries share the common goal of empowering people to make informed decisions and select products that best suit their financial and lifestyle goals.